Amplify Technologies is a performance and growth marketing technology company based in Lagos, Nigeria. Our mission is to help ambitious companies build brands, products, and experiences as well as help them acquire, engage and scale users and revenue.
We work with a variety of companies from high growth tech startups to large product driven corporations in determining the perfect Growth Marketing strategies to achieve their business/revenue objectives. We partner with brands to win the hearts, minds and wallets of today’s African consumer. We are driven by the opportunity to tell success stories by delivering end-to-end digital/growth marketing strategies based on the goals that matter most to our client partners. At Amplify, we strive to be a great place to work, where people are valued and empowered to be the best they can be. We are looking for a candidate with drive, experience, ambition, and strategic thinking who can help lead and drive performance on our growth accounts.
About the Head of Growth Role.
As a marketing technology company, our one aim is to help our clients acquire and scale users and revenue, as such growth for us is not only a set of strategies, tactics or frameworks, it’s a mindset that we bring to work everyday.
Our Head of Growth is a key member of the senior management team and will be responsible for developing and executing the growth strategy that encompasses both customer acquisition and retention. You own the entire customer acquisition pipeline for our clients and you watch how all the pieces in a customer acquisition funnel are working together toward the overall goal of growing our client’s users and revenue. The Head of Growth will make strategic adjustments to sales, product, marketing, and retention strategies based on what’s best for the various clients’ accounts.
This is a strategic role and will primarily involve managing a growth team, made up of performance marketers, growth engineers and product managers. The successful candidate will be comfortable carrying our multiple experiments and leveraging data and analytics to make informed growth decisions across client accounts
The Head of Growth is a critical part of our business, he/she is responsible in large part for the success of each account and that’s why we are looking for a candidate who is truly passionate about growth and digital marketing and who is equally empathetic and a problem solver.
What is the scope of your responsibilities?
As head of the growth team, you own the full funnel marketing spectrum for our clients, from acquisition,activation, retention, referral and revenue. You will be tasked with accelerating performance across acquisition and retention. Your work will involve everything from experimenting, hypothesis, acquisition, product, sales and performance reporting.
This is a full time role and you will be reporting directly to the CEO. The successful candidate will be based in Lagos, we operate a flexible work structure where you can work remotely for some days and also onsite for some days in a week.
Amplify is in a transition phase with an upward trajectory, we aren’t looking to be the typical me-too agency, our mantra of being the Best or Nothing fuels our passion and drives our excellence. Our backbone is in our people and we’ll support and empower you with everything you need to succeed at this role.
It is our understanding that you will;
- Develop best-in-class growth marketing strategies/tactics that will drive user acquisition and ultimately revenue growth for our client partners, also be responsible for strategic vision, concept, execution, engagement, and measurement.
- Lead, develop and build a world class growth marketing team with expertise across organic, paid and earned media channels.
- Utilize in-depth marketing research, customer data insights and carry out growth experiments to validate hypotheses and drive North Star metrics for client accounts.
- Lead and manage an inspired growth team to scale user acquisition and revenue.
- Use quantitative and qualitative user insights to inform the growth roadmap
- Optimize product funnels and marketing campaigns to reach growth goals
- Drive full funnel marketing strategies through performance marketing activity on major digital platforms including social, paid search, and display.
- Develop and report marketing KPIs around user acquisition, activation and retention, including channel mix and owning dashboards to monitor overall marketing channel performance.
- Explore new channels for potential growth marketing opportunities, including both performance channels, events, partnerships and other experimental possibilities for our client partners.
- Guide the development of roadmaps for: channel development and optimization; measurement, analytics and reporting; and the infrastructure including marketing technology to support.
- Drive innovation across the team identifying new opportunity areas for growth. Champion efforts to ideate, test, iterate, and optimize growth through channel and product optimizations.
- Improve client operational efficiencies to enable growth at scale.
- Partner well across the client teams including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Analytics, Design, Customer Support, Finance and Operations.
You will succeed at this position if you have;
- 6+ years of growth marketing or customer acquisition experience preferably in a tech startup
- A solid understanding of full funnel marketing across acquisition, activation, retention
- Deep understanding of the Organic, Paid and Earned Media channels used for customer acquisition and retention including: Email, SEO, SEM, Display, Video, Social, Web, App, Content Marketing.
- A proven growth leader with a track record of driving measurable outcomes.
- Deep experience in measurement, analytics and reporting including experience with A/B testing, multi-touch attribution and media mix models.
- A clear passion for Marketing and Marketing tech. Up to date on emerging trends and platforms.
- Strong relationship builder – interpersonal skills that enable partnership, drives enthusiasm, and supports strategic thinking.
- Growth “hacker” mentality and entrepreneurial hustle to experiment and identify scalable channels for user acquisition.
- Proven track record of marketing and user acquisition success for tech startups or marketplace platforms.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to drive results both individually and through managing a team.
- An exceptional work ethic and the willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done while maintaining a supportive, empowering and positive attitude.
- Takes initiative to innovate and solve problems without direct supervision and/or direction
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen are a must along with the ability to be detail- and deadline-oriented while managing multiple projects
- Experience with PPC, SEO, social media advertising, and email campaign strategy and execution.
- Communicates plainly and directly—with empathy and insight.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, adapt to changing priorities and feedback, and work with quick deadlines
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically and stays on top of tactical execution