Amplify is a performance and growth marketing agency based in Lagos, Nigeria. Our mission is to help companies build brands, products, and experiences as well as help them acquire and engage with an increasingly digital-first customer.
We work with a variety of companies from tech startups to large corporations in determining the perfect Growth Marketing strategies to achieve their business/revenue objectives. We partner with brands to win the hearts, minds and wallets of today’s African consumer. We are driven by the opportunity to tell success stories by delivering end-to-end digital solutions based on the goals that matter to you most. At Amplify, we strive to be a great place to work, where people are valued and empowered to be the best they can be. We are looking for a candidate with drive, experience, ambition, and strategic thinking who can help drive positive social brand performance on our client accounts.
About the Social Media Strategist Role.
Amplify constantly helps both large and small clients reach and engage with a social first audience across social media channels. Our work involves collaborating with a number of our partner clients across several different industry verticals, usually, with different needs and preferences.
We are seeking a Senior Social Media Strategist, who will focus on setting overall social strategy, creating high-performing social media content, and managing community engagement across various social media platforms. The agency will rely on you to help drive successful outcomes in the form of social media strategies on all our client accounts.
This is a strategic role and will primarily involve managing multiple social campaigns, with the ability to streamline for efficiency, while crafting thoughtful strategies to best-serve unique audiences. You will work with key social media and digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter, and YouTube, as well as seek out emerging platforms that can help us grow our client’s base and brand. As the Senior Social Media Strategist, success in this role requires excellent customer instincts, an ability to define strategy from scratch, excellent project management skills, an aptitude for developing insights-driven strategies, defining customer-centric campaign goals, a keen eye for compelling and innovative content, and a passion for continuous improvement.
Our social media strategists are a critical part of our business, they are responsible in large part for the success of each account and that’s why we are looking to hire smart, empathetic problem solvers who will be focused on solutions and collaboration with all stakeholders.
What is the scope of your responsibilities?
As part of the strategy team, you will work closely with internal teams, including creative, and performance media teams. You will be tasked with accelerating social brand performance for the accounts that you manage, your work will involve everything from driving social media strategy, social media campaign planning and execution,content development and performance reporting and client relationship management.
We are looking for a candidate who is truly passionate about growth and digital marketing and who is equally empathetic and a problem solver. The client’s business becomes personal to you as a social media strategist and you are keen on their success.
This is a full time role and you will be reporting directly to the Head of Strategy. The successful candidate will be based in Lagos, we operate a flexible work structure where you can work remotely for some days and also onsite for some days in a week.
Amplify is in a transition phase with an upward trajectory, we aren’t looking to be the typical me-too agency, our mantra of being the Best or Nothing fuels our passion and drives our excellence. Our backbone is in our people and we’ll support and empower you with everything you need to succeed at this role.
It is our understanding that you will;
- Develop best-in-class social media marketing solutions/strategies for clients based on their goals and objectives
- Account and campaign strategy development and planning, ongoing results analysis, optimization and strategy refinement
- Develop strategic paid social media advertising recommendations in support of client requests and needs that outline complete social media recommendations, implementation details, success measurements, and timelines.
- Develop complete creative briefs that outline the required copy, image, and video assets to be developed for each campaign.
- Place social media advertising campaigns across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Snapchat based on agreed-upon campaign strategy.
- Monitor clients’ social media channels, initiate conversations with and respond to engagements and reviews based on established brand and client guidelines.
- Managing, creating, and publishing original, high-quality content on social platforms.
- Develop an integrated strategy and own social calendar across social media channels including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other owned channels.
- Own the publishing of social platforms ensuring all content is executed as planned on the calendar and well-optimized across relevant channels by tagging, linking, and performance tracking
- Partner with social platforms to identify new opportunities and develop innovative activations
- Develop and own goals and performance metrics for campaigns; monitor regularly to understand the effectiveness of strategy and creativity, making recommendations for continuous improvement
- Develop and refine strategies, brainstorm and execute unique ideas, and present performance results.
- Manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring our client’s brand to life in bigger, tentpole campaign moments.
- Collaborate with influencer and brand ambassador teams to develop content, manage promotions and giveaways on social channels.
- Build a strong sense of community via social media by engaging with followers, ambassadors, and partner brands on various platforms, actively responding to social outreaches and engaging in dialogues with comments where appropriate
- Able to think outside the day-to-day to find creative scalable solutions
- Present campaigns and wrap-up reports to stakeholders and partners
- Train internal teams to integrate and maintain a cohesive social media strategy and share best practices;
- Prepare weekly social reports on reach metrics, follower growth, and community engagement and communicate lessons learned to the team
- Embrace thought-leadership by staying up-to-date on industry news, technology trends and best practices
You will succeed at this position if you have;
- 3+ years of digital marketing experience (working with cross-functional teams is a plus)
- A solid understanding of the full stack social media marketing (content strategy, social strategy, social media performance, audience and consumer research, social trends and influences etc.) and the ability to “connect-the-dots” across channels and touchpoints
- An exceptional work ethic and the willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done while maintaining a supportive, empowering and positive attitude.
- Takes initiative to innovate and solve problems without direct supervision and/or direction
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen are a must along with the ability to be detail- and deadline-oriented while managing multiple projects
- Integrate and analyze data from all forms of social data across multiple channels and touchpoints.
- Direct experience with PPC, SEO, social media advertising, and email campaign strategy and execution.
- A proven track record of managing social media accounts within an agency is a strong advantage. including management experience and/or team/department leadership experience with managing a team.
- Communicates plainly and directly—with empathy and insight.
- Understands best practices and up-to-date design needs/restrictions across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and/or YouTube
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, adapt to changing priorities and feedback, and work with quick deadlines
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically and stays on top of tactical execution
- Must be a strong communicator and receptive to feedback and direction
- Deep understanding of digital, social brands and their capabilities
- Creative thinker who will bring fresh, innovative ideas to life in a strategic way
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Microsoft Office product suite